Data Engineering Architecture
A good data engineering architecture is hard.
But the best one is the overview from Emerging Architectures for Modern Data Infrastructure - a16z (or Zotero: The Guide to Modern Data Architecture | Future). Check also Perfect DWH architecture.
# Common Architectures
- Examples and Types of Data Architecture:
- Data Warehouse
- Cloud Data Warehouses
- Data Marts
- Data Lake
- Modern Data Stack vs Open Data Stack
- Lambda Architecture vs Kappa Architecture, Medallion Architecture
- Metrics Layer vs Semantic Warehouse vs Data Virtualization
- Delta Lake architecture where they unified batch processing and Streaming
- Architecture for IoT
- Data Mesh
- Data architectures have countless other variations
- Data Fabric, data hub, scaled architecture, metadata-first architecture, event-driven architecture, live data stack, and many more. Reis and Housley - Fundamentals of Data Engineering.pdf
Many overlap and more I have listed in Data Modeling.
# Data Architectures Images
# People (on top of the illustration)