Embrace the Evolution of Data Engineering with DEDP
Dive into a Living Journey of Data Patterns
Data Engineering Design Patterns isn’t just a book; it’s a journey through the evolving landscape of data engineering. Authored by me, Simon Späti. I’m a seasoned data engineer with over two decades of experience, this book is more than words on paper—it’s a growing, evolving entity, just like the field it explores.
Why This Book is for You
- Evolving with You: Updated regularly, reflecting the dynamic nature of data engineering.
- Convergent Evolution: Discover how old ideas are reborn in new technologies.
- Practical & Insightful: Not just theory, but real-world applications and best practices.
Who Will Benefit?
From beginners to seasoned professionals, anyone with a basic understanding of SQL and programming, or experience in data architecture and analysis, will find valuable insights in this book.
Special Features of DEDP
- Interactive and Live: Your feedback shapes the book. It’s a conversation, not just a publication.
- In-Depth Analysis: Dissecting design patterns to reveal their core and their applicability in various scenarios.
- Beyond the Hype: A truthful look at what’s really new and what’s a repackaged idea.
What Awaits You
- A comprehensive guide on convergent evolution in data engineering.
- Explorations of various data engineering patterns and best practices.
- Insights into the history, current state, and future of data engineering.
The book is divided into three parts
- Part One lays the groundwork for applying design patterns, underlining the importance of convergent evolution in data engineering.
- Part Two delves into the practical applications of these patterns, covering different data architecture and software engineering patterns applied to data engineering.
- Part Three offers guidance on applying these patterns in real-world contexts, including best practices and emerging technologies.
Connect, Learn, Grow
Your journey into the depths of data engineering design patterns starts here. Begin exploring DEDP. Please share on socials and let me know what you think.
Also, if you want to contribute, I’m hoping to get as much feedback as possible to improve the book, as this book is different from usual books. It does not come finished. I will steadily release new chapters of the book, carefully listen to all your feedback, and integrate them to create a (hopefully) great book at the end of the day.
Keep up-to-date with the latest chapters, insights, and updates, join my newsletter:
By subscribing, you’ll be the first to know about new chapters, upcoming talks, and other exciting developments related to Data Engineering Design Patterns and the broader field of data engineering.