Create a Book on Markdown
For creating a Book on top of Markdown, there are some solutions I want to explore here.
This could be done solely in Obsidian, but there wouldn’t be management around chapters, post-processing and many other things that include a book.
There are that add a such feature, for example, GitBook tackles it from the documentation side. But in the same area, there is Quartz - Publish Obsidian Vault where I build my Second Brain on and all the other Static Site Generators (SSG) website tools. E.g. my Website is built with GoHugo.
But there are also others:
- mdBook based on Rust, an example is the Rust book (documentation)
- Using Pandoc: Building books with Markdown using pandoc
- Frictionless Self-Publishing for Tech-Savvy Writers | Softcover.io used by Shawn Swyx Wang
# Examples of Books Written in Public
- MEAP Catalog
- Beautiful Racket by Matthew Butterick
- GitHub - andkret/Cookbook: The Data Engineering Cookbook
- Data With Rust by Karim Jedda
- “Free Speech” from Timothy Garton Ash? origin
- Patterns in C by Adam Tornhill [Leanpub PDF/iPad/Kindle]
- Julian Shapiro’s self published book/guide: Writing Handbook by Julian Shapiro: Writing Handbook by Julian Shapiro
More on Self Publish a Book.
# Examples of Books in Markdown
- mdBook example on mdBook Documentation (HTML)
- The Data Engineering Cookbook by Andreas Kretz on GitHub.
- Writing a novel in Markdown - pdworkman.com with Obsidian
From HN Discussion:
- Hugo Book
- MkDocs Material
- Bookdown ( https://bookdown.org/)
Read more on Self Publish a Book.
Origin: Book Proposal- Data Engineering Design Patterns (DEDP)